2.22.2007

So Many Blog Hosts, So Little Time To Care

Since my recent break down of the awesome Sampa not working for me, I decided to notify everyone about a dilemma I've been coming across lately. I said before in my previous post, that I had been looking for a new blog host a week earlier. Choosing one was difficult. These were some of the things that it HAD to have.

  • Free service (A must! I am not paying to simply be heard)
  • HTML editing to EVERYTHING
  • Templates/Layouts I could easily change (see above)
  • At least ONE built-in feature Blogger doesn't have
  • And so much more that I cannot remember
I'll tell you now that I probably have accounts on every blog hosting service just to see if it was right for me. After much searching, I found two hosts that satisfied most of my needs. They were Sampa and ShoutPost. And comes my dilemma: both, at a glance, seemed like something I would truly want. Unluckily for me, I was not going to sign up for yet another blogging service. Finally, I chose Sampa (Why? I have no clue). I was very satisfied except for the fact that my screen resolution was to big (or small) (see previous post). So, I canceled my account at Sampa. Hoping that ShoutPost would give me better results, I signed up. I did NOT like it at ALL. Too me, it was way to Myspace-y. When I came across a problem, there was no FAQ or contact information that I could find. I didn't even know how to delete me account. The only thing that I think was supposed to help me was Rocky (the Tom of ShoutPost). So, now, I am burdened with a ShoutPost account for life!

So what does the title of this post have anything to do with ALL blogging services if I am only talking about two? Well, I wanted to create a pro and con list of all the blog hosts I know so far, but then realized that that would take forever. Below are links to all the blogging services I know of. If you know more, feel free to tell me and I will gladly add it to the list. (Please provide the name of the blog host as well as its URL)
And now here are a couple of helpful links that might allow you to choose the right host:
There are so many more out there! Just search for it in a search engine!

P.S.- Don't you every just wish that the right blog will just pop out?! Don't you every get just so frustrated!?

0 Replies: